Why did you pick your user name?

It was given to me on a walking holiday a few years back by a friend of mine (who sadly died of breast cancer earlier this year). It's a combination of Frodo and ferocious. The Frodo part comes from the fact that I'm small and have a hobbit like appetite (second breakfast anyone) (plus we had a bit of a Lord of the Rings theme going on whilst we were out on our walks). The ferocious bit comes from the fact I do martial arts and other scary sports.

It's an older spelling of my last name from the original Welsh. I share this last name with a reknowned internet ninjer. And I share my entire name (and general location in the DC area) with the former chief inspector for reconstruction in Iraq.

Hilarity ensues.

I have a very weird (only because I'm a big guy, what I do as a profession, and my other interests and hobbies) affection for the manga Naruto. I've followed it for probably the last six years which started with me and my little brother spending time watching Cartoon Network with each other (I'll never be done with cartoons!).

I had a very good friend tell me I'm like the Jiraiya character in the series, and I liked that because I have an affection for that character. In the series he is a very renown ninja who has a very serious aspect to himself and is extremely dangerous as far as ninjas go in the manga. His main objective in life is to help establish peace in the world. He is also a HUGE pervert and writes naughty novels in the series and is always being a peeping tom. The Jiraiya character ends up becoming a mentor to the main character Naruto, who is a child when they meet and Naruto calls him Ero-Sennin, which is translated to "Pervy Sage."

My wife likes the cleverness of it too, I'm always getting yelled at for being a perve : P.

Besides being a big fan of Star Wars, when I was in lurking status I noticed that there was a Yoda mapper, BTW who had racked up an impressive number of posts, I decided to see if Obewan was taken and it wasn't so that's how I registered. Since then I discovered that I actually spelled it wrong the correct spelling from the movie is "Obi-Wan". Not that Yoda's post count influenced me in any way, however I've not seen that mapper on here lately, perhaps he/she changed the user name?

EDIT: PA were you Yoda?

I thought it was funny that my last name and my number from high school sports fit into a certain kung fu legend and so was born the 19thlohan!

You're a big fan yet you mispelled the awesomest guy in the series? After Qui Gon of course?

Yes I know, in my defense that is an accepted misspelling of his name. Not to mention you just misspelled misspelled and awesomest isn't even a word.

I may change your name to that one day. Or mine

I didn't choose mine, I was instructed to use it, by God.

Mitch

Goddess Lady Bellyhigh Thunderbreeks? Thank goodness she uses "Frodo", for short.

Back