Why do people complain about new aerists of today's decade?

JOSHUA

May 18, 2008
Like everybody always says that pop music isn't talented or that they can't write their own lyrics and that they have to have a record company do it for them. I get so tired of hearing that excuse.

There are plenty of artists who write and produce their own music: Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce. They all write and produce their own music especially Mariah Carey.

There's another thing I get tired of hearing about:"Pop music doesn't have any original lyrics". Umm so what? Joan Jett never had any original lyrics. Most of her songs were covers. Yet she's a legend?

I understand that it's not your kind of music I respect that but you don't need to bash an artist who worked their way up to where they are today. Unless you can create your own original music and concepts and produce your own music I don't think you should be bashing someone who is actually doing it.

And when people say that they don't care about the music that they just want the money. Um who doesn't? The way the economy is today who wouldn't want that money. Nobody cares about lyrics when it comes to pop music we just care about something to dance to or to karaoke to.

Back