Why won't my 1996 GMC Jimmy start?

slim

Jun 13, 2008
I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy with a 4.3 V6. The battery is charged. When I turn the key to the start position it completely blacks out, key buzzer and all. Is it still possible that it is the starter solenoid shorting out even though it doesn't act like the electricity is making it that far.

try pressing on the break and putting in drive and then back in park. or try tapping the altinator.

* UNLESS you OR someone helping you hooked jump cables up backwards and blew the MAIN fuse in underhood RELAY FUSES box (which i doubt) ;..ONLY 2 Common cause of that;..#1 use your key to lock and unlock the drivers door (damn alarm will stump you too !-anti-theft,uuurrrgggg!) , ...#2 is usually the ground Negative cable to/at your battery is corroded,clean the flatt circle of the cable on both sides and where it mates at the neg.post(what i mean to say is also clean under the fatt collar of the little 5/8 or 8mm bolt that tightens and holds it secure to the batterys side post,**** & BE ADVISED THAT MANY LEAK ACID DUE TO DEFECTS IN BATTERY AND IT IS POSSIBLE THE POLE GOING INSIDE THESE SIDEPOSTS CRAPPY BATTERYS FAIL CAUSING IT TO BLOW UP SENDING ACID AND PLASTIC SHRAPPNAL INTO YOUR PRECIOUS IRRIPLACEABLE EYES,a buddy o mine has a glass erye which looks real but dont let him see out of anymore,BE SAFE AND THINK,battery= cheap , EYES and emergency rooms= $$$$$.THINK SAFE !! wallyB

Back