Will the Samsung BD-P1590 play Netflix through component cables?

DavidG

May 14, 2008
I have an older SD Sanyo TV, 24". The TV doesn't have HDMI, so I can't try it that way. When hooked up via component, it turns on fine, but when I select Netflix, it kind of splits screen and goes to a blue screen. Sometimes the DVD player does that, but usually it doesn't. I don't have any Blu-Ray discs to try this with.

When connected using composite cables, everything works fine, but the quality isn't as good. I have another TV I can try it with, it's SD also, but I don't have internet access in that room, so I won't be able to try Netflix out. I've tried with the output set to 480i and 480p, and I still have the same issue.

If the Samsung Supports the Netflix streaming from the internet, then it should playback through the cables that you have connected to the TV. It sounds like you may have the Component Cables(most likely the blue and green) switched around It happens alot as the Green and blue look the same in dark areas, so make sure the outputs from your component cables are matched correctly. The Green and blue are easy to mix up and what you described sounds like what happens when you connect the blue and green on one end (TV or Blu Ray) and then interchange them on the other item and thus the signals are crossesd so make sure they are corrected to the correct input on the TV and output on the Blu Ray. Also in the setup menu make sure your output type is selected so the Blu ray player knows which set of cables to send the signal your TV.

Back