Windows vista connected to an unidentified network, yet is not connecting

fro

Apr 28, 2008
to the internet? Whats going on? Windows vista had an ip address in the ipconfig from cmd line and yet the internet would not connect, installed set up files for avg free, ad-aware, and ccleaner from another computer, installed all of those and ran scans, no viruses were found 1 Trojan was, and 178 spyware threats were detected, so removed all that it found and was still unable to connect to the internet, the isp said that the connection to the motum was fine, but when we looked for the connection it still says unidentified network? So what is the problem here? I figured a bad sector or something causing windows internet explorer or firefox to load, looked at event id's and found there was a few event id's 7026, looked for a fix and honestly, not that sofistocated to get underneath it, but, we reinstalled the opperating system to windows 2000 professional editon and thought hey this should fix it, and it was completely unable to connect and now when we try top get the ipconfig its saying, "windows 2000 ip configuration" still unable to connect with a brand new operating system and a three week old computer, it is an acer it is decent, not top line but very decent as in 1GB ddrII memory, intel pentium processorII... cleaned computer, new operating system and still no internet access, the people who are using the computer definitely need to change the way they are using their new machine, but how and what can fix this? Any idea's.

Did you install the drivers for your wireless card or your Lan connection? If you don't have the Disk with the drivers then go to your manufacturer's website(obviously from another computer) and download it to your flash drive or disk and then install those drivers to your computer using the disks or whatever you used to record them to.Those drivers should get you online.

Judging from your problems, it really sounds like a hardware issue and not the computer's fault. This sounds over simplistic and isn't meant as an insult to your competence, but you did power cycle the modem and router, and reset the router, right? Because I had the same problem when I put in my new motherboard the other month, and had never experienced the problem during any other reformat. After messing in the command line and my network settings and drivers for a few days, it turned out that a simple reset of my router cleared up any problems. Don't know why, but it worked for me.

My computer was connecting to the unidentified network but not the internet, and I believe it was being assigned an IP too.

unidentified means its YOUR modem, its not connected....turn off the modem and back on again..restart your comp

Back