Would a Diablosport predator programmer make a truck take a long time to start?

BJ

May 15, 2008
I am looking at buying a truck its a 2004 dodge cummins and when i got there to look at it and went to start the truck it took about 5 or 7 seconds to start once it started it was cranking over just like it should so wasn't a low battery or anything, it ran fine, no blue smoke, was pushing about 30lbs of boost seemed to have good power the programmer was turned to stock. So when that happened the guy told me that every since he tuned the truck with the diablosport programmer that's when it started taking forever to start. I have seen a guy once tune a truck with a smarty then take the tune back stock like within 2 or 3 min then the computer got confused or something and then the truck would not start again I have seen that happen Im not sure what he did to fix it. Now my step brother went to school for a diesel mechanic for two years and he said that it could really be the programmer that is making it start slow and he said the reason is because when you program it the programmer changes the timing and obliviously gives it more fuel and he said when the timing gets advanced then it makes it harder to start just like gasoline engines. And he said once you program it the timing is set even if you take it back to stock now taking it back to stock will give it the same amount of fuel just as it would stock. He said in order to get your truck back to stock you have to have a different tool that hooks up and re flashes your computer because the programmer wont change the timing back. I hope all this made since but if this sounds right to anyone and someone could maybe weigh in on it that would be great.

Back