Wrongly sold car insurence by tesco, 2 for 1 no claims?

Matt

May 12, 2008
Nearly a year ago I spoke to Tesco car insurence. I was told along with my quote that I would recieve 2 years no claims for 1 year of being with them. This sold me the policy hands down. Plus I got club card points on the policy... considering I shop at Tesco this also was impressive. So now im coming up to my renewal. I have just been on the phone to find out when I get the no claims threw etc... and they are now saying they have never offered 2 years for 1. You can imagine how annoyed I am. Also (not a big thing but...) I only get half points from what I pay on the policy. Im looking for other people that have been sold a polocy from tesco on the same grounds. I have no idea what to do next.

Unless you can prove the offer of the 2 years for one on paper then you may as well forget it and pay up as you will get nowhere with it.

I suspect that this is something you were told over the phone but which never materialised in writing, am I right? Then I'm afraid there is going to be little you can do but make your point firmly in writing to them. It was probably some call-centre operator trying to jack up his sales in the knowledge that he'd be gone by the time it cropped up again.

Back