xbox 360 internet connection help?

DE1

Sep 8, 2008
i need help connecting my xbox 360 to live but my modem is in downstairs and my xbox is upstairs. i have cable in my room and a cable box but how can i get my xbox to hook up to the internet? would i need a modem or router and if so which one and whats the difference or would the best option be getting the 100 foot ethernet cord? any help would be appreciated

An Ethernet cable is usually always the best and cheapest way to connect. I use a 75 foot one and the connect quality is the same as when I used a 6 foot one. Just make sure it's a Cat 5, 6, or 5e one.

if you get a wireless thing for your 360 they cost 100$ (gamestop.com) or a cheaper way is the 100 foot ethernet cable.

hope it helped,
Arren

Ask for more help

I think it's best you buy wifi dongle that way you can access through your router.... it costs about £50 if you want to get the original mircosoft xbox adapter....

I think it's best you buy wifi dongle that way you can access through your router.... it costs about £50 if you want to get the original mircosoft xbox adapter....

Back