Your geekiest hobby?

unhappyparent

Feb 25, 2008
Mine is a cross between Simcity 4 and map making. I build a city in SC4, as if that wasn't geeky enough and then a I draw maps of it. It's quite sad to be honest but I get some sick pleasure out of it.

This one in Google Map's style is for the American city I'm working on now.

This is a metro map I made for an old city of mine.

I've also won awards (albeit online awards) for my City Journals where I show the cities I made. Like Castleford and Reedwood.

So please someone else show off their geeky hobbies and validate my all-out admission of total social rejection.

Thanks.

Oh god have I made a terrible mistake?

I think people on here aren't as geeky as I'd imagined.

ihav/ Omegle/ Collecting Wisden Cricketer Almanacs and Playfair annuals/ Watching Hearbeat/Casualty (although I stopped watching both a few months ago)
And writing poetry on ihav
I also spend ages creating complex networks of folders in which to store PDFs of Maths past papers (they're starting to feel a bit like a collection)

My geeky hobbies include:

I have been secretly self teaching maths since February.
I am interested in Locksport (picking locks, but in a strictly non-illegal sense... just like a rubix cube)
I am addicted to Oblivion (I'm supposed to be a girl :( )

Lol why would you have made a terrible mistake?
You like to draw maps of cities you make on simcity, do you really care if people on here think that is a fun thing to do or not?

I have a rock/fossil collection numbering over 2,000 individual items if that counts :D

Some are actually quite valuable, I have a large ammonite which has undergone the process of opalisation valued by a fossil shop and it was worth close to آ$600. I paid آ$70 for it 5 years ago, and paid a further آ$100 to have it split and polished which elevated its value to the current amount :)

?

I have to admit i was quite impressed with the maps. I think mine has to be memorising the tube network, and knowing where the stations that arent there anymore were :S

Back