454 in a 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 4.8?

Ryan

May 14, 2008
i want to swap the old engine that has almost 200,000 miles with a new one
i dont know what size engine would fit
does anybody know or had a similar situation??

A 454 Cubic inch motor should fit in a GMC/Chevy 1500. 4.8 would be .2% shy of 5 German biers at Oktoberfest. Which means somebody sipped your drink. Talk to an older mechanic or GMC's racing division. Upgrading your transmission wouldn't hurt either. Normally Chevy's 1500 and up can come equipped with a 302 to 350 Cubic Inch engine. That's 5.7 Biers to you Europeans.

That swap can be done and been done hundreds of times. Just make sure computer/Electronics are compatible as well as the transmission and you are there....

you can put just about anything you want in a truck. the thing is that you have to make sure you have all the right connections for the computer and the the right computer for the engine that you want to use. also you have to have the right suspension for the wieght of the bigger motor. if i was you i would go to summit.com and look at thier catalog. unless you you want the horsepower the 4.8 is a good motor. i have one in my silverado and have no problems. or else you could do a rebuild and it would be good as new. it might even be cheaper.

Back