Buying a damaged car - picture attached?

ax3

Feb 7, 2009
This is the car: http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8315/lude.png

The seller says its been sideswiped and the only damaged sustained is to the 1/4 panel, door & handle, and rear tyre, with everything else in perfect condition (chassis rails are undamaged, skirting, plastics, window, side mirror, seat-belt, interior door panel, alloy wheel are in perfect condition, and the.).

Does anyone have any experience dealing with the repair of these sorts of accidents to cars, and if so, are there other problems in the car that should be looked out for, given the nature of the accident that might appear in the future?

Any advice will be appreciated!
Just noticed i didnt finish the sentence - the car seems to be running as normal mechanically.

you need to check with VOSA that it has not been written off if it has it can be a lot of messing about getting it back on the road but its not impossible
with out looking at the car its hard to say but ask the owner to drive it in a straight line as you stand behind it and watch it drive, you need to watch out that its not driving like a crab, that the back end is not following the front of the car
its called crabbing and it means the sh ashy of the car is bent, if that is the case, don't buy it

Don't buy it man, you will spend thousands repairing it. The B pillar is damaged along with the door and rear panel. You're going to end up with a salvage title as well, I'm sure that its totalled.
I wouldn't buy a car if it had a spot of rust on it. You can definately get something better for a bit more.

-BMW engineering student

Back