Did the Emperor Titus fulfill all of Jesus' "Son of Man" prophecies?

Durchfall

Feb 8, 2013
He prophesied that during the Son of Man’s visitation Galilean towns would be destroyed, Jerusalem would be encircled with a wall, and the Temple would be razed.
Remember these "prophecies" were written after these events had already transpired in 73AD, or one generation (40 years) after the death of Jesus.

Excellent point. There are many who after reading Titus and Josepheus related to this period of history while comparing the actual events with scripture who have come to the conclusion that the prophecies including the Second Coming were fulfilled in the First Century.

Durchfal. That is actually debatable, most of the NT is dated as being published before 67 AD. The assertion of the Gospel of John and The Revelation having a late date is based on very shaky grounds and the internal and external evidence - including a direct reference to the Revelation by Peter in a letter written in 65 AD point to an earlier writing.

Today I could write - I am a writer - an ancient book, and show (without a doubt!) that my entire life is the fulfillment of its prophecy.

And lucky you! You would be blessed with actually having corresponded with me! I'm putting your name in The Good Book as we speak.

Now, are you sure that any of these writings have any connection with reality whatsoever? And you know this because a historian, who you may question on method, told you? Or did a priest, who may not be questioned, teach you some article of faith that must be swallowed whole?

Added: Many prophecies are written in the manner of a biography. For instance, the night I was conceived my mother informed my father of my entire life. My father, in recognition that the divine spoke through my mom, wrote all of this down. And wonder of wonders, all of her prophecies I have made manifest

Ah, and the best is yet to be! This mantle of divine favor will pass to the one that buys this bridge I am selling, even as we speak....

Yes, let's keep shooting arrows at the wall and drawing targets around them. That's how prophecies work, after all.

You do understand that no one can predict the future with any accuracy...right? No, Jesus is either a myth or a composite of several "Messiahs" working the area around the same time.

So, let me see if this is what happened:

Emperor Titus does some stuff, ending around the year 81 of the common era.
http://www.roman-empire.net/emperors/titus.html

The Emperor Constantine summons the Council of Nicaea, and they decide which of the ancient scrolls become the Bible, in about the year 325.
http://www.roman-empire.net/emperors/titus.html

So, between the two known dates, people had over 200 years to sit around and make up stories about how Jesus or anybody "foretold" what was going to happen.

And any stories that weren't accurate, got thrown out, leaving a perfect record of Divine Foreknowledge.

Are you familiar with the Stock Market scam?
Send out 2,000 letters, naming a stock. 1000 predict it will rise, 1000 predict it will fall.
A month later, send out 1,000 letters to those who got the letter predicting the proper movement, and name another stock.
500 predict the 2nd stock will rise, 500 that it will fall.
A month later, send out letters to the 500 who got the letter predicting the movement of the 2nd stock, and tell them that, since you've been right 100% of the time, they should trust you with all their money.

Assembling a list of perfectly predicted prophecies, more than a hundred years after they happen, is the same sort of deal.
Jesus, George Washington, and Davy Crockett were real people, but not EVERY song and story about them is true.

Back