hello ihave a 1999 audi a4 quattro 4 cyl 1.8l when i start the car it starts up...

BillyS

Jul 27, 2008
...and then dies? hello ihave a 1999 audi a4 quattro 4 cyl 1.8l when i start the car it starts up and then dies the car has been setting for 6 months in a storage lot when i put the key in it starts up and then dies after trying a few times it warms up and i have to almost floor the peddle and it kind of stops and goes at a real slow pace i put 1 gallon of gas in the car and it was almost at a half tank would this be the fuel pump making the car run like that ? or just old gas please give me your thoughts

could be pump but also sounds like MAF try unplugging MAF the four or five wire sensor somwhere between your air filter and the throttle body if it runs without it plugged up then that is the most likel problem. having to floor the pedddle idicates that the engine is flooding out pull your plugs out and see what they look like If they are wet then you need to look at an injector stuck open especially if only one plug is wet to try to unstick an injector first unplug all your injectors and test resistance across each injector resistance should be about the same on all injectors usually in the 12 to 14 ohm range if one is out of that range or is way different than the others it is most likely the problem if you can pull the injector rail off leave the injectors attatched to the rails and turn the key on see if one injector is spraying all the time you can try to unstick a stuck injector by unplugging it and puttting direct battery voltage and direct ground to each injector you should hear it click but sometimes the direct battery voltage will break one lose if it is stuck let me know what you find out

Back