Help with a home theatre setup in my basement pls?

BRETTW

Apr 4, 2008
I want to set up a home theatre in my basement with a projector instead of a tv. I was looking at silver screen paint. I would think that thats the most reasonable screen solution right? I mean I can get a gallon of paint worth for cheaper than a little screen. I consider the projector being 3D compatible a must for this. Im wanting to be able to use the theatre polarized glasses for it. I have a few questions about this. 1, is this a doable idea? 2. I have a surround sound setup in my basement. I want to be able to use it but its a bit old. It uses the white and red analog cables. I want to be able to put sound through the projector and out through the surround sound. Like so I dont have to switch cables and settings (and so Its digital compatible without an extremely difficult setup) so can and how would I do this? 3. I want to be able to use 3D blu-ray with it and im told that some projectors dont work with them. 4. I dont quite understand projector quality (because its different than pixels right)? well i want it to be good quality with a bright picture. 5. Will it be possible to convert 2D to 3D in real time like you can with some 3D tvs? 6. What projector would I need? What blu ray player would I need? what cords would I need? 7. Is it possible to do for cheap? (it doesnt HAVE to be AS good as i hope but i want it to be worth getting and it has to be good quality and 3d cus i dont want to wait another 5 years or more to get a 3d compatible tv)

Back