How long should it take to replace a manual 4 speed transmission in 1995...

JKcDad

Jan 16, 2009
...Toyota Tercel? Got a used tranny to replace one that is stuck in third gear. Will most likely reuse clutch (only 2 yrs/<14000 miles highway on clutch). Just want to know estimated time from start to finish to change over tranny. Thanks ahead of time

you Doing it your self?? i can swap one out in a day if every thing goes like it should. if your having it done it all depends i took my Jeep to aamco cause its an Auto so i dont mess with that and it was there for 4 weeks thats Way too long but id say 2-4 days depending on how busy the shop is

you Doing it your self?? i can swap one out in a day if every thing goes like it should. if your having it done it all depends i took my Jeep to aamco cause its an Auto so i dont mess with that and it was there for 4 weeks thats Way too long but id say 2-4 days depending on how busy the shop is

It really depends on your ability. Allow yourself 4-5 hours. Since you had to ask I'm assuming you havn't done many.

It really depends on your ability. Allow yourself 4-5 hours. Since you had to ask I'm assuming you havn't done many.

adjusting the pressure plate and bleeding the clutch cylinder, about 2-3hrs if your familiar with the configuration. but thats if you DIY.

It depends on how skilled you are and if you have the right kind of equipment. If you have a shop with a hoist you can do it a few hours, but if you don't then you are looking at a long time. If you are unsure of what to do then you can always take it to a shop, you shouldn't be attempting this if you are not sure what you are doing, it isn't a backyard mechanic job.

It depends on how skilled you are and if you have the right kind of equipment. If you have a shop with a hoist you can do it a few hours, but if you don't then you are looking at a long time. If you are unsure of what to do then you can always take it to a shop, you shouldn't be attempting this if you are not sure what you are doing, it isn't a backyard mechanic job.

Back