How to open back cover of a new Samsung Tocco Lite (S5230)?

ItWorks

You really have to persevere with the palm method -perhaps there's another story in their somewhere:0).

Hopefully it will get easier the more you open it and the phone itself is strong enough to take the abuse. Phone looks good and is now on charge.

Thank's to all for taking the time to respond to the queries and coming up with the solution.

The Samsung manual really is rubbish - written in English but with two non descript arrows indicating how to open the cover.

OMG I tried for hours to get the cover off!!!! Took advice about using the palm of your hand instead of very sore fingers and it popped right off. GENIUS

I cant get the back off mine, and alls it says in the manual is pull the back off? That doesnt help, i had it for christmas its now the day AFTER Christmas, and i still havent even put the sim/battery or memory card in. And i want to no how to get it off! =(

well the first time I opened it with no problems, but now I just cant open it again....damn it!

go to supearket chose leather gloves and put it on. After try put off this cover very eassy.

than you so much. i had so much trouble getting the back of and i got quite upset as it was an xmas present. :D thank you!!!!!

Hellppppp!!

I still can't do it...even with all of your help!!!

Dont use fingers. Place Phone in one hand and firmly press and push in the direction of the arrow with the BOTTOM OF PALM of the other hand. I think this works better as it has a larger contact surface area. Having said that we only sussed this after about 1/2 hr of pure frustration!

yeh i was real anoyed but i finally got it open. I used the palm of my hand and brute force it felt like it was going to break but it just pinged of. :-D

Success to the wicked ;-)
finally got it off by using my palm, but by the force put on it, it skidded all over the room, and my nails cut deep in my wrist. Some flesh came off, but it's open, not only the cover that is ...

I must say, it too funny if you think of it.

opening the batter cover for samsung lite tocco

I was trying to open this bloody cover but someone wrote you have to use your palm instead of the fingure and it works.

so guys try using your palm and push it hard in the direct of arrow

khoa81 Ive been trying to get the cover off and the instruction manual doesnt really help. So can someone help me please. Thanks[/QUOTE said:
Do not push or try to slide from the top of the cover. Push the rear of the cover at the base directly below the arrow.

Do not push or try to slide from the top of the cover. Push the rear of the cover at the base directly below the arrow.

Success at last! But NOT with the palm of my hand

Do you know there are 54,600 Google searches for "tocco lite battery cover"? And a further 17,600 searches for "removing samsung tocco lite battery cover" and yet a further 8,470 for "removing tocco lite battery cover". That's a total more than 80,000 searches. Um, can we say DESIGN FLAW already??

Anyways, mini rant over. IF ANYONE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE PALM THING, use your finger/finger nail to lift up the cover at the arrow, and then push in the arrow's direction with all you've got. Putting it in between the palms didn't work for me and there was no way I was gonna start faffing about for two hours just to get the battery in.

If not for all the hilarious posts on this thread I think I would've been close to tears now... thank God for the 'net. But seriously, we shouldnt have to resort to this in the first place. I remember having a similar problem with my Samsung D900 a few years ago...

omg the palm thing worked
fucking thing! i used to open it easily before but now it was so hard to open the lil dipshit

ALSO

i had to hurt my palm! fucking thing!!
so much to open a phone cover WHAT THE FUCK?

just put the palm of your hand over and push, its easy.. dont try with fingers, took me hours lol! great phone once thats done :)
thank you - well explaned.. put it in your palm of ya hand and slide/push with the other hand.. da dar just like that ....!!!

Removing the back off a Samsung Tocco

Hey, I had the same problem and almost sent it back. But u know what? The palm thing works. I think I was trying too hard. But now it works and I love it.

its easy all u have 2 do is hold the bottom with one hand
and slide it off with your other hand the first time its a bit tight but then it loosens up a little its really easy

cover

We tried for ages with a finger and it didn't work at all.

Hold it between the palms of your hands and, pushing them together, push them in opposite directions.

Thank you very much, I finally got the cover off ... you saved the phone's life cause I really wanted to smash it :)

Samsung tocco lite

When i gt mine the cover came rite off .... :) all u have to do is push with ur plam the dirction of d arrow easy peay ..... Lol :) :)

Back