How to real estate agents respond to clients via text or cell phone email?

jamieJ

May 3, 2008
I am a new agent and my email on a computer has a full signature with my company name, website, and license number.

I know that for an iPhone (which is what I have) there is one signature allowed for all accounts, so I don't want to use that.

What do most people do when responding to clients by phone or iPad? Do you type in the signature on each message ?

The realtor I've used for any home purchases didn't use a signature on texts-only on regular emails. We rarely texted because most issues needed to be discussed by phone, in person or detailed in regular email. Texting doesn't need a signature anyway-hopefully both parties know who they're talking to already-LOL. One time I did try texting about something I thought was harmless and the realtor simply replied that they need to talk to me in person about it-nuff said! Texting is overrated and isn't appropriate as you'd think in the field of real estate. I'd save it for short harmless things like letting a client know you are delayed or still waiting on a document. Frankly though as a customer I find texting in real estate deals to be annoying, near-rude and just out of place. Consider this heavily with whom you deal with. If I were you I'd error on the side of caution and avoid texting your customers as much as possible. It's real estate...not high school kids trading jokes.

Back