i bought a bad boat that don't work, how to sue the seller?

Tony

May 13, 2008
Get it repaired then call the seller if he dont answer call ebay if the dont help call the courts if they dont help well youll have a boat that works

i'm not a lawyer:

depends on the conditions the transaction was finalized with. did you buy it "as is" or was there some type of guarantee made by the seller? if it's the later one then you could have some grounds to file a lawsuit if he refuses to pay for some/all the repairs. it all depends on what was written and how it was written in your agreement.

ok now, i bought a boat off this guy from eBay, due to the pick-up address is far from water and late at night we didn't test the boat, but seller promise the boat 100% working with signed agreement.

now i take it home engine won't crank over, tried everything i could but seller refuse to help, and will not answer the phone(piss off, i've got your money).

now what i do, i've book in for a boat mechanic to fix it on monday, can i forward the bill thru eBay asking for a partial refund of the repair cost? because i've got the application form for civil claim @ local court, just in case if eBay claim didn't work out. question is, can i go fix the boat, pay for it, and then ask the seller to refund that money(seller refuse to communicate). because the boat mechanic charges some money for writing quote unless i fix the boat there.

should i fix the boat and forward the repair bill for refund, or should i just ask for a full refund(return the boat), will eBay/court accept my claim of partial refund without the agreement of seller? (i am not able to ask seller if i can repair the boat and he pay for it as he won't answer phone)
is what i do legal/reasonable?
the agreement on boat sale is sold ''AS IS' the condition listed on ebay'', and the condition on ebay is
'motor working well'

Get it repaired then call the seller if he dont answer call ebay if the dont help call the courts if they dont help well youll have a boat that works

if your happy with the boat get the engine fixed and sue for the repairs.
ebay will not help, go for the civil claim you don't need a solicitor you can just tell the magistrate your story

i'm not a lawyer:

depends on the conditions the transaction was finalized with. did you buy it "as is" or was there some type of guarantee made by the seller? if it's the later one then you could have some grounds to file a lawsuit if he refuses to pay for some/all the repairs. it all depends on what was written and how it was written in your agreement.

if your happy with the boat get the engine fixed and sue for the repairs.
ebay will not help, go for the civil claim you don't need a solicitor you can just tell the magistrate your story

i'm not a lawyer:

i'm not a lawyer:

i'm not a lawyer:

Back