I rented to DVD "The Fighter" and I want to save it to my XBOX 360 Hard

Dub

May 13, 2008
Drive. How do I do this? I know I have to hook my computer up to it or something i think. Can anyone help me?

You can't save movies tot he 360's hard drive unless you bought them on Xbox Live. Regular movie files can only either be played from the DVD or streamed from a USB device. Copying it on your computer would be piracy.

artic_sheets- note the 'rented' part of the question. The person does not own the movie and has no legal right to make a backup. Even if he did, it still doesn't change the fact that you cannot import movie files to the 360.

Your both 100% WRONG!!

Copying video files from DVDs and BluRay discs is only piracy if you don't own a copy of the original DVD or Bluray - or if you distribute said copies to other people who didn't pay for them.

Copying video files from DVDs and Blurays that you already own is NOT Piracy - You are permitted by law to keep your original copies of fims i.e. in a safe and pristine condition by creating a valid "backup" - whether that's as an AVI, MKV or a Dual Layered DVD.

If you were to make a valid backup - you would use a DVD ripping program like Magic DVD Ripper, which can circumvent the encryption on the disc and allow you to rip video files in any number of formats - legally

The guy above is right.

Anyways if you could it would be illegal. so why even think that.

If you want to grow and smoke dope go and do so. but don't be stealing from multi million dollar media companies.

Back