If you where an mma fighter and are fighting a fighter who is openly gay...

MreMsk

Oct 20, 2010
...what would you think or feel be hones? Shad Smith is gay and came out of the closet.Some people might feel more angry and hateful wanting to beat them others might underestimate them.I will be worried if they think of me sexually in a fight that creeps me out and it might distract my game plan.The thought of a guy that I am fighting to beat up and he is doing the same might also have attractions to me in or out of the ring. It is ok be honest like I was even if you are scared to be called a homophob so what most of us are but don't admit it.I am not hateful towards gay nor do I think they are weak but iut just creeps me out to fight a guy that might be attracted to me because he is attracted to men and I am a man.

I've had the same feelings in my junior days and I know very well what your talking about. The guy is inwardly happy because he knows he offsets his opponents. You think a lot about it right now, and you should try not to, but believe me, once in the ring, after the action has started you will focus and have other things on your mind and so will he. Think about it: did YOU ever think about sex during a fight ? Chances are he'll be intent on beating the crap out of you and he won't think about sex at all. Besides, maybe you are not even his type !

Back