Is it possible to love someone but not proud of them? I loved my bf but is

Rachel

May 13, 2008
I feel like, if you really loved him, all that stuff wouldn't matter and you would be proud to introduce him to any and everyone. So I think you should reevaluate your feelings for him. Also, if you don't love him, don't just settle because you don't think you can do any better or you are scared of being alone. If you don't love him, you will still find someone. Haven't you heard? 40 is the new 25! :]

embarrassed to introduce him to my? colleagues coz they know my ideal man and he doesn't meet up to my qualifications. Some friends can't believe what they heard coz they said I'm picky but now I chose someone older, education is lesser, unstable finances. My heart and my head is going the opposite direction. Should I stay or should I go? I'm already 40. Going might mean becoming a spinster.

Well you have to make a choice: your colleagues opinion of your love life, or your love life. Is the opinion of people who you only know through work really that important to you? (chances are that a few of them have spouses/significant others who they would be embarassed to introduce to you all at work, too!) I say stick with your b/f & be proud to have him in your life: If the superficial image of a person is the most important thing about them to someone, that that someone is a very superficial person themselves, and not worth worrying about their opinion (did I say that right? It doesn't feel right, but I'm feeling too lazy to go back & edit it, so you'll just have to figure it out!)

Back