Is it reasonable for Gmail to ask me to give them my cellphone number?

Anna

May 13, 2008
When I am asked to sign into Gmail I get a request to give them my cellphone number, supposedly to facilitate something or other. I think this sounds like phishing so they can spam my phone. What do you think?

There are many reasons they could ask for it. It could be for security purposes. Also, when I signed up they asked for my number so they could text me a code and then I could enter that code to set-up the gmail account. I haven't heard anything from them since. So yes it is reasonable, but they should offer you an alternative

This is different from a sofa bed, in that it doesn't change - simply lay the sheets, add a duvet and the sofa is a bed!
You have a choice between three fundamental types of bed: bunk beds, single beds and doubles. Your choice may be influenced by the space available in the bedroom, and also by how many rooms you have and the children you have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is reasonable. My gmail account always does that. To be on the safe side, don't give them your phone number. I never tried it before.

Back