Is the 2002 Mercedes Benz e320 4matic a reliable car?

Bijan

Jun 24, 2008
im a current high school student and my parents want to purchase a car for me. ive always wanted a MB so im considering a 2002 Mercedes Benz e320 but my parents keep on insisting i get a Lexus or Nissan or any other japanese made car as they think they're better. the maintenance costs are not so much of an issue for us(I know MB is more expensive to maintain than most other cars, but the neat styling and design is well for worth it) .i've heard of german engineering being great in the past, but can I trust them with a 2002 e320 model?. i understand that there is usually electronic problems with cars like these, but can i expect any huge mechanical problems? (ie engine, transmission, muffler?) . btw this is my first car

The E320's are NOTORIOUS for having electrical issues ranging from headlight failure to audio system failure. There have also been issues on engine components causing engine failure. There have also been issues regarding the suspension system which MB-USA has recognized, and issued recalls on some issues.

If you want a decent car for your first car, look at a Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, or Subaru Legacy which are good on insurance, cheap to maintain, and good on gas.

Back