Klipsch 300 speakers (5.1 surround..) What receiver? 3d blue ray all-in-one?

ScottyPants

Aug 12, 2011
Here's what I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001XURGSK

I want an inexpensive (maybe $200-$250) receiver to fit the specs above.
I'd like it to be SLIM & maybe include a blu ray player or maybe a 3-d player, but surround sound is key and the amperage/voltage/ohms/etc. is key also. One sub output is fine, I don't need more than that. 4 HD inputs would be nice too. Any suggestions?

What is the best receiver that you can think of for the money?

What you want is going to cost more that $250..here are some examples the Denon s-5BD the Harmon Kardon BDS 2....the HTIB units are almost always designed around 3-ohm speakers and there is a reason for this the amplifier sections are not very strong or powerful needing the low resistance to produce a listenable sound....50 watts at 3 ohm is like 9 watts at 8 ohms....so really what you are paying for is a 10 watt receiver if you want 50-RMS to 100RMS watts @ 8 ohm you need a quality amplifier that has good damping factor dynamic range low IM distortion etc and that will play with a large variety of speakers.....your not going to find that with a built in Blu ray and amp for under $250.00 at least not yet ...there are actually two markets in Home theater (maybe More) here one market sells product based on price and cuts the quality and features down to bare minimum to meet a certain price level and sells to people that don't care sacrificing the quality in order to meet the lowest price point, the other market is more concerned with meeting a certain quality standard then a certain price point, this market tries to meet a certain quality standard first then a certain price point for people who care about quality... The klipsch speakers come from the later market and you are trying to match it to something from the first market and they don't match up....The best reciever for the lowest amont of money would be the Pionner VSX 520 but it does not have blu ray built in nor is it a compact design, the best slim line is the Marantz NR1501...for them money

Back