My mum wont let me get an Iphone 4 (i don't want an Ipod touch 4g)?

GForSteve

Jan 24, 2011
I currently have an awful condition samsung tocco lite, and a cracked, slow, ipod touch 2g (not my fault). I am going on a school trip on the 11th of February and I would like something new before then, but that would be used long after aswell. I want the Iphone 4 32gb because I have many movies, and I prefer the Iphone because I am always on youtube and safari. My mum keeps suggesting the ipod touch, because she doesn't have to pay monthly (Last week she said it was fine, and I'm paying some of it anyway, plus all of the handset cost). I don't want the ipod touch because of the dreadful camera (0.7mp and cannot take pictures), and my mum says that there's no point getting it just for the 3g, but she doesn't understand how often i am on youtube or safari, and i am not going to tell her that. She thinks that the ipod touch is just the iphone without the phone, but there is soooooo much of a difference. No one can convince me to get an ipod touch. Oh, and she knows I will be careful, as the crack on my ipod happened 3 years ago, and I am much more responsible now.
Battery life is a big issue also, I know that the iphones is a lot better, and it performs better.
Also, we were looking at the '3' plan with 500 mins, 5000 texts, and 1gb of data, for £30 a month, with me paying £10, £5 if i do all my work. I am paying the full price for the handset.
In response to bomb soldier, I have worked very hard to earn enough money for this phone and I am asking the question as I don't want to waste my money on something that I don't want.(ipod touch). And if i get the iphone, i shall sell both my current ipod and phone.

The ipod touch (new generation) is exactly the same as the iphone4, srsly, it does take pictures. i have both... The only difference is that it's obviously not a phone.
But if you're mum already said you could have one, then thats not fair is it.

I understand why your mom wouldn't want to pay the monthly bill for the iPhone... Its much more expensive than paying for a regular phone plan, especially if you want unlimited data. The only thing I can suggest is to offer paying for the difference between the two monthly bills, so that it wouldn't even make a difference to your mom becauses she'd be paying the same price.

Back