Need the advice of some android experts...HD2 Rooting questions?

Loki

Jun 14, 2008
Ok, I currently have the G1 on T Mobile...I am getting a new phone to hold me over until my actual upgrade next June, but wanted a 4.3 in device running android (no the 4.3 screen is not everything that I want, but it is a dealbreaker). Unfortunately, no such device is or will be offerede by Tmobile. So I am getting the HD2 with plans to put Froyo on it.

My questions are:

1) Does the rooting process/android OS take up a lot of internal memory? How much will I be left with?

2) Can I put Swype on the HD2 once it is rooted? If so, before or after putting Froyo on?

3) How well does froyo run when it is put on a phone like this? Keep in mind I am coming from a stock G1, but I have played with an Evo and Vibrant, so I have seen what 2.1 can do. I guess I want to know if it is going to run smoothly on the HD2, or is it all choppy and lag a lot?

I am sorry if any of this sounds foolish. I have never rooted a device before, but I am competent and confident...just thought I would ask what I dont yet know.

Thanks in advance!

One of the best site for questions. Hope this helps!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=743

Most of the guys and girls there are very nice, and know their stuff. If any question isn't already answered there, just ask. I'm sure they'll help.

I have the Droid X, running froyo. Android 2.2 on a 4.3" screen is just awesome.

Back