The World Cup

well i think carragher is better but neville is the best player for that position especially with becks on the right.

chelsea was a bad move for him last season but i thought he done very well in the friendly games with england. you never know he might play more games for chelsea next season, its the same thing that happened to joe cole and now look how good he is!

I wouldnt bother with Rooney in this game, no point risking him.

If England lose to TT I will hang myself.

Gary Neville is a really good player! carragher is good but not touching nevilles standards.

well if england are going to rely on rooney that much to beat T&T, they are gonna have a really hard time beating the top countries!

I can't agree. Neville is a plodder who only established his place because there were so few alternatives, and has now played so many times that he is considered indispensable due to his experience.

While he has had plenty of games where he hasn't done anything drastically wrong, he has made his fair share of defensive mistakes over the years. But his biggest weakness is that he offers so little going forward, and that just isn't good enough for a fullback at international level.

He was abysmal against Paraguay. Even against Jamaica he was poor, whereas Carragher looked twice as good as him once he switched to right back.

well i guess today we see if carragher is really as good as u say he is. i do agree that he is a great player but at that position i think neville is better, due to experience and his reading of the game. in my opinion i think england has one of the best back four of the world cup. hopefully a.cole plays better this game tho. cant wait for the match. i hope sweeden lose later on aswell!

I think England have serious defensive issues, John Terry has been making a lot of mistakes recently, so has ashley cole, as much as I hate to admit it, Rio Ferdinand is all thats holding the back four together.

only reason why a.cole is not playing to his best is bcuz hes just coming back from injury. as for terry, he alwayz manage to pull himself together when it comes down to the crunch.

I think if Rooney comes on for the last 20 minutes England will score at least once, it will spur then on and the crowd will get behind England.

If we score early then I think we'll win comfortably, but the longer it stays 0-0 then the more that T&T will grow in confidence - and they'll be well up for this game. It's like a local derby in a way!

It could be tight. But I think it's unlikely that they will score.

Yes, seeing how they are so close. The beanpole just nearly scored, England look okay. Far too many long balls over the top, I think playing the ball on the ground would benfit England more.

For all this talk by English people about this being the year, this team looks dreadful. Certainly worse than the sum of its parts.

Back