Verizon phone upgrade question.?

JasonRe

Aug 8, 2008
Hello Y/A community,

Approximately 10 months ago I had an upgrade from my phone to the Samsung Brightside, 10 months ago it looked like a good phone, but I find it personally not for me and have been very irritated with it. I have used touch screen phones before and it's not like it, I pocket-dial to everyone at least once everyday.

Problem is, do I have to wait at least 22 month before I can upgrade? I am currently in a family line and I heard that there is one thing where one phone out of the family line can upgrade 12 months after upgrade, downside is that all the other lines would have to follow the next upgrade date of the line that just upgraded. If I was to get a new phone, would I have to pay the original price that's not associated with the contract (the expensive one. :() Rather than the usual $150~200ish 2 year contract?

or if that upgrade thing is real, would I be able to start another 2 year contract with a new phone that's not the current Samsung Brightside?
Sorry forgot to mention, I am with Verizon Wireless, and if I was to upgrade from the Brightside, I'm thinking about going with the iPhone.

Once you sign the contract, you are unable to upgrade until month 20 of a 24 month contract. But if you are having trouble with the phone, sometimes you can call customer service and they will allow you to upgrade early. They cannot change your upgrade date. That is determined by your contract end date. You could also get the phone at retail price, you could buy a pre owned phone, or add a line onto your account to get the phone at the 2 year price. I don't recommend the last one though because then you have a phone to pay for for 2 more years.

Back