We are looking for a good supplier for car audio/electronics?

JeffM

May 21, 2008
We own a small audio shop in the Phoenix Metro area. The shop originally started off as a partnership, actually more of a franchise from another shop. We agreed to two year terms with the original owner from the other shop that we would get our inventory from his shop at 5% over cost, among other fees and what not. It seemed like a pretty good deal at the time, especially since he was already established and had a decent customer base. We would just basically be opening another shop with the same name on the other side of town.

Now that the deal is over and we are really starting to make a name for ourselves, he wants to up the price he charges for inventory. That is really cutting into our profits. We want to find our own supplier so we can cut him out. We have no idea where to even begin. I don't even know the name of his supplier so I can't go around him. When we needed more inventory, we would send it to him and he would order. He even delivered it.

We are in a jam right now because if we do not continue to use him, we run out of inventory. It's not like I can just go to Best Buy or something and pick up more since we still get a decent price on everything. Anybody know of any decent wholesalers or suppliers out there that would cater to the Phoenix Metro area?

Back