Why are people telling me that my husband loves his ex mistress if they are only...

JaimeBriggs

Mar 29, 2011
...meeting for conversation? History: husband had a 1.5 year affair with a girl he met via work, which I busted in Jan 2009. Full-on emotional and physical. He left her on my request, begged me not to leave; but then it took all of 3 weeks for him to go back to her and start asking her back, she said no this time, but I know they were still meeting.

Then she found a new man, and married him in May or June; at which point my husband stopped talking to her for 3 months. This week he has recontacted her just when I thought all was OK again. So far I have found a few email conversations in which I have ascertained that they have met up every day last week, and re-opened their secret email addresses.

He has basically said he wants to be friends with her.

They have been meeting last week during the working week, and he told her he doesn't want to lose her as a friend. They also agreed that when she moves into a flat of her own (in a few weeks now) that he will visit her.

He also made some sexually suggestive comments.

Everyone is telling me that he loves her or would never have contacted her.

Is there no remote possibility that he really DOES just feel sorry for her, or maybe genuinely enjoys her company, and felt bad for cutting her off back in May?

After all he is a very guilty conscience type of man, and I know he would hate the thought that he isn't talking to someone.

I admit I was freaked when I saw he's reopened their secret email account (which he had cut off in May when she got married and he refused to talk to her again, obviously he had a change of heart)

In their emails, I see they have been meeting up this week but believe me, he is saying things like it's not going to be like before and I won't risk being thrown out, I can't sleep in my car can I?

Can he really only want her back because he wants to rekindle / sleep with her / misses her? Can it not be for just friendship? He does have other female friends, so this girl is nothing special.

SHE has since sent him an email to tell him to lay off her, and that nothing will be happening.

Back