Why do I feel so strongly against religion?

TocaMe

Feb 12, 2009
In particular, Christianity, because that is what most of America claims to be. I know you deserve the right to practice your religion, and I deserve the right for the lack of mine. But I feel that you are holding back not only this country, but all of humanity from evolving up.

I get mad sometimes when I think about it, but yet I feel you should have the right to practice your religion, even if you are destroying us all. I'm so confused :(

I suspect it's not religion itself that annoys you, but the way religions impose themselves into every day society in attempt to sway you.

Because Satan's power is strong. I'd recommend the rosary as a means for defeating him:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary/how_to.htm

"The rosary is the scourge of the devil" -- Pope Adrian VI

"The rosary is a treasure of graces" -- Pope Paul V

Padre Pio, the stigmatic priest, said: "The Rosary is THE WEAPON"

God bless!
Dave

You're right to hold that people are entitled to their own beliefs, and religion has been responsible for a lot of bad things. It has also been responsible for a lot of good things, though. All of the nation's first hospitals, charity groups, humanitarian aid groups, the Red Cross, homeless shelters, orphanages, universities, and other beneficial efforts were started by Christians, for example.

Back