Will it sound as good or almost?

Jeremiah

Apr 2, 2008
Im getting a 700$ system that includes 4 polk db615 speakers with alpine amp to push them also a sub amp pushing 2 12's. I could replace factory deck with one that has preamp outputs and a sub out but will it be worth 300 more $? I want to just use factory but will it sound almost as good?

the controls and the connectivity will be a lot better if you get aftermarket head unit. it depends on your line in amp on the quality of the sound but if you spend 300 dollars more i think you won't regret it because everytime your bumpin your always going to ask yourself that question but before you get the headunit make sure you do lots of research on it first

its like running your body without a good brain.getting an aftermarket head unit with all the proper plug ins and outs to run a powered system and it will have a remote turn on for the amp or amps is a must. your factory head unit most of the time don't have any of this and with a factory radio you will be spending money on line out converters and these are a know pain in the azz for causing distortion in your subs and speakers.you have big plans but your wallet is not full enough yet.and to run 2/12s you will have to do a charging system upgrade as in a high output alternator and a second smaller battery this can cost another 3 hundred at least.go to 12volt.com and look into this.save your money and do some research on how to install all this equipment,because some installers get 70 to 90 bucks an hour.and will eat that 700 you have in a day.hope this helps you understand what your getting into.

Back