Blue Ray Player on the PlayStation 3?

ethan

May 19, 2008
Ok, I am new to the PlayStation. Now, is the Blue Ray player the thing that makes the games WORK/RUN on the system or is it just for the movies?
Ok, so it for sure is only for dvd movies? All I want to do is play video games on it. I'm also trying to make a purchase on craigslist that says the blue ray does not work anymore. But thats fine if its only for dvd movies.

Basically if you buy blue ray dvds you can play them on the ps3 blueray are better qualitu

Yes, the PS3 can play Blu-Ray movies. Here is a link about it- http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/03/05/why-the-ps3-is-the-best-blu-ray-player

blu ray is a sony designed type of disc...basically holds much more data than a dvd...it doesnt matter what is on the bluray disc. its just good for holding things that use a lot of data to store.. its used for hd movies because full hd movies couldnt fit on a dvd disc... ps3 games are also on bluray discs... these can be large games that would normally take two discs on dvd discs... i think a lot of ps3 exclusive games would be sold on 2 discs if they were on xbox because the xbox uses dvd

blu-ray is a disc format, like DVD, except that while DVDs only hold 4.4 gb of memory, blu-rays generally hold 25gb (or 50gb if they're dual layered). Some movies are printed on blu-ray. All ps3 games are printed on blu-ray. The blu-ray player is just the hardware that reads these discs.

eta: that could be either. it could mean that blu-ray movies no longer run, or that blu-rays can't be read at all which means it can't read game discs either. Either way that sounds like it's a dying console and you shouldn't buy it, as it won't last much longer.

Back