Brand New DVD Won't Play in DVD Player?

Sebastian

Jun 12, 2008
Brand New DVD Won't Play in DVD Player?
I just bought Love Actually on DVD last night (brand new, region 1), and I went to watch it on my DVD player, and for some reason it wouldn't play. The first time it spat it back out saying "disc error," and the other times it just said "reading" for like ten minutes and then did nothing. I've never had this problem with my DVD player before. It's a Zenith DVD/VHS combo player (model no. XBV410). Although it's a little on the older side (2004), it's played both DVD's and VHS movies perfectly in the past.

I tried the DVD on my friend's DVD player and it still didn't work. However, it would play on my blu-ray player for some reason. I know it would be easier to just watch it on my blu-ray player, but I share it with my roommates, and so it would be highly preferable to watch the movie on my own DVD player.

I think it must be a problem with the DVD itself, so today I returned the DVD to the store and got another copy. And of course, it still won't play on my DVD player. I really don't want to go back to the store and switch it for yet a third copy, plus if 2 copies of the same movie don't work, I doubt getting another one would solve the problem.

I'd really like to be able to fix this problem as soon as possible, so if anyone has any tips as to how I might get it to work, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Definitely NOT a blu-ray. It's a regular, region 1 dvd.

Back