Help with finding the right home theatre (cinema) system (5.1)?

Sam

May 13, 2008
I'm seeing reviews of home cinema systems complaining about optical input/output and things like that not being included, so i want to be sure i'm getting the right thing before i get it. I dont want to have to return it.

I would like it to work with my tv (which has built in freeview) & ps3, i'll also like it have a aux setting so that i can connect it with the headphone jack of my iphone with a cable (which i have).*I also might be getting sky. One more important thing is i connect my tv and laptop with the hdmi to watch movies.

The tv i have is a technika advanced lcd tv (LCD26-209). On the box it says i have 2 scarts, a back AV and a line out (is this an optical output).

Anyone who knows what i'm talking about please advice me on what i should look for.

My budget is £150 - £200, and i've mainly been looking in argos.

Really appreciate some help
Thanks
Sam

Save your money. You wont find anything decent for that price.

You can find 'box' systems which are really DVD players with cheap attached speakers. This does NOT usually have HDMI and does NOT have inputs from anything but left/right stereo. (This will work from your MP3 player).

Save up for a full 5.1 system with a full-sized receiver. Onkyo makes some budget systems that would be a good start. But you need a bit more money.

Hope this helps.

Back