If i love car audio where would i go about making a career about it?

Kory

Apr 7, 2008
In the past two years i have really started to enjoy car audio. I have installed a few systems, and i really enjoyed it. It doesn't matter if its not all car audio, i just really enjoy the electric side of cars. So if anyone could direct me in which direction i should go about really getting into this type of 'trade'. :)

air force guy you spend more time giving away information, maybe you would have some business and less time to be talking trash on line. like i said anyone with a brain and a computer can do this job. you so called pro installers are overrated,and for the most part charge way to much for a job that can be done by the person that wants a powered system.if you don't know whats installed in your ride and are not able to trouble shoot your own problems you should not have this type of system.because its the pro installer you have to look out for.this is the type of person you guys love a dumbazz who has the big wallet and then you start working on emptying it.like i said if you don't understand it you should not own it.you mark up the parts charge way to much an hour.and you love the people who don't have a clue.and the best part is you for the most part have a 7 dollar an hr man doing the install when the owner who has all the know how is playing on the computer.it seems like that's how you run your shop because you have to much time on your hands,so you must be kicking back,when the 7 dollar an hour guy is doing the install.

if u realy enjoy sound the best way i to apply ur self is to go to a local car audio shop (and no i dont mean)(best buy,) i mean a real car audio in your town if ur honest and true to the sound they will know where to place u and what to show u hope u come up

I agree with eddie. Get yourself involved at a local shop. Not Best Buy. If BB is your only option, then you don't have much choice. If you're willing to invest a few thousand dollars, you could always start your own business. I'm full time Air Force, due to retire in about 4 years. I'm building my own car audio shop right now. I probably have $30k invested at this point. Tools, equipment, product, installation necessities, accounts with different businesses, etc. It adds up. I've been involved in car audio about 18 years or so. I love it. There's a guy on here named Charles who apparently doesn't like be because I have a business and charge people labor. lol. But 18 years of experience is worth something. Trust me. When you're the only guy in town who can customize and one of two who knows how to install alarms and remote starts ... people are willing to pay the $90 per hour to have things done right and an install that comes with a guarantee for as long as you own your car. I also offer a 60% upgrade program where I'll give you back 60% of what you paid for a piece through me when you upgrade to a bigger better piece through me. DIDN'T KNOW ALL THAT DID YOU CHARLES! lol. I also let customers hang out and help with their installs if they want. I teach them along the way. I've been considering trying to set up free, yes charles, free, classes to teach people how things work, why they work that way, how to install, etc. I'm all for educating my customers.

So you have options. If you're really passionate about it. Go for it. Some how. Some way. There could be a small shop in your neighborhood like mine who would love to have someone around like yourself to help grow the business. If you were in my neighborhood, I'd hook you up for sure. I'd even give Charles a chance. ;)

Back