Serious question (not a QB rant). Could Peyton win a 5th MVP in 2011?

vetone10

Mar 9, 2011
The Colts played with 17 players on injured reserve.
Despite throwing to rookie receivers, being supported by walk on players, and an aging offensive line. Despite being without Collie (amazing what this kid has accomplished off the bench), Clark and Gonzo. Despite having one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Despite being without Addai for multiple games. Despite all of this, Peyton broke the record for most completions in a single season, most 300 yard games, had the No.1 passing offense in the NFL, won the AFC South division, posted a 108 QB rating in his play off appearance, and had his team in the lead with 55 seconds to go in the play offs.
the Colts will be healthy come the regular season, and Jim Irsay has promised to use the draft and free agency to rebuild the team around Peyton.
Could we see another 2004 statistical season for Peyton?
This is not a Manning/Brady: who is better rant. It is simply a question about what Peyton might accomplish this year with everyone healthy.
Kevin...I understand that you think Vick could be MVP for 2011, and that's possible.
My question is still the same. You gave no stats or anything to support your answer.
My question was based on Peyton's accomplishments this past year with a depleted team, and what he might accomplish with a healthy one.
Bear Down, I'm curious as to how you reach that conclusion. Do you have anything concrete to support it. I believe my explanation verifies the exact opposite. Peyton is still a great QB even with a depleted team.
Matt I agree with you to an extent. Your right on those other teams, but, the Colts have always had their team built around Peyton. Now, they are just "re-building" it around him.
And since he still has a half-decade left, I don't know if that isn't still a good thing.
Peyton has brought the Colts success and respect not seen since Johnny Unitas.
If you've got arguably (and I admit that) the best QB in history, with still 5 good years left in him, why not rebuild a team around him? It has worked for the past 11 years (i don't count his rookie season).
Friendly Stranger, you make good points, though I disagree that Peyton has ever won because of "his name".
I do agree that other players could win the award. That was never in doubt. Actually, that was the reason for my question.
John..if he did win another this year, why would it be his "last one"?
Peyton is 35. Brett Farve was in contention at age 40. If Peyton continues to play at the record breaking level he is playing for another 4 or 5 years, why couldn't he win 5, 6 or more?

This is nothing against Brady, Brees or Rodgers, as I realize that they are all quite capable of winning the award again, or for the first time. This was simply a consideration of what Peyton could possibly do next year with a healthier team.
Oscar...only 4 years old?
You are truly a gem.
Peyton needs more young fans like you.

Back