Who or how to complain about SEARS Black Friday SCAM?

leila

May 13, 2008
SEARS advertised Black Friday Sale price of $579 for Kenmore washer & dryer set - to begin at 4 am. We went; waited in line for 2 hours - in the rain. Once inside, we were the only people to be first in line at the appliance counter.
When asked what how we could be helped. I handed him my Sears card & said I wanted to purchase the washer & dryer set located right next to us. He said "Oh, those all sold last night by 9:30"
Apparently, they had allowed customers to select purchases, pay & receive a ticket & receipt.
HOW IS THIS EVEN REMOTELY FAIR? Everyone who wants to partake in these sales... should be on an equal playing field. I really am ticked off because had I known that I could conveniently lock in the darn sale at 9:30 pm INSTEAD OF 4 o'clock in the morning.... I certainly would have done so. Does anyone know how I can deal with this? Someone needs to know how ridiculous this set-up really is!
A total of 14 sets had been sold! The advertisement specifically stated: "No online orders -- NO Rainchecks" Well, it certainly ought to apply, if one actually DOES wait for two hours in the RAIN!

Sounds like those were purchased by EMPLOYEES. Try sears.com to get contact info. Good luck and I hope they will do something in your favor.

Coming here was a good first step...

You need to write a letter up and start telling your story to any online forum you can...

Twitter, LiveJournal, FaceBook, MySpace, eMail a copy to Sears Corporate, mail a copy to the CEO of Sears and make it a "Signature Required" to make sure that s/he PERSONALLY has to sign for it...

If you don't stop complaining and telling the world about the bait-n-switch, they will have to take you seriously eventually!

Sears Corporate:
http://www.searsholdings.com/

Back